Limited capability for work in universal credit
Next available date
Other available dates
Sold out dates
About this course
This half-day standard level online course looks at how limited capability for work rules affect UC. The outcome of the work capability assessment has a crucial role in determining claimants’ work-related requirements as well as the amount of money they get.
You will also explore how the work capability assessment affects UC and how to navigate the process and challenge decisions.
The course covers:
- What is limited capability for work and limited capability for work-related activity and who may have it already
- How to start the work capability assessment process in UC
- The work capability assessment
- How to challenge decisions on limited capability for work
- How limited capability for work/limited capability for work-related activity can affect the amount of UC as well as the claimant commitment
This course is aimed at advisers with a working knowledge of UC.
Method of delivery and timings
This half-day standard-level course is delivered online via Zoom. It runs from 10am to 1pm, with a half hour break between 11.15-11.45.
It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion. Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. It is not recommended to join via a mobile phone.