'Complex needs' status for UC claimants
Next available date
Other available dates
Sold out dates
About this course
This two-morning online training course explains how the universal credit (UC) ‘Complex Needs’ rules work, who is covered, and what this should mean for UC claimants. It also covers how you can ensure the Department for Work and Pensions recognises ‘Complex Needs’ status.
The course covers:
- The challenges that UC presents to claimants
- Evidence of how claimant vulnerability can affect a UC claim or award
- Implications of ‘Complex Needs’ for the UC claimant
- What does ‘Complex Needs’ mean to the DWP?
- Who is most likely to attain ‘Complex Needs’ status?
- What this status should then mean for claimants
- How can we help the DWP to accept Complex Needs status?
- Requesting ‘Complex Needs’ status
Method of delivery and timings
This full-day equivalent, experienced-level course, is delivered online via Zoom over two consecutive mornings. It runs from 10am to 1pm on each day, with a half hour break between 11.15-11.45.
It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion. Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. It is not recommended to join via a mobile phone.