Organisations using these standards for information and advice providers need to make sure staff have the knowledge to meet the needs of service users. CPAG’s training courses help you do this by covering knowledge requirements in the Competencies for Advisers.
A suggested package of courses for agencies seeking accreditation or working to the national standards is:
- Introduction to welfare rights
- Attendance allowance - an introduction
- Child disability payment
- Income maximisation for older people
For Type II and III advisers, add on the following courses:
- How to challenge decisions - mandatory reconsiderations and other tactics
- Looking up the law online
- Overpayments of benefit and tax credits
To add on other specialist areas, there is a course to suit most requirements. And you can keep up-to-date with our courses Social security law update and Universal credit update and tactics.
To check if your knowledge is at the right level for the standards, try the new Knowledge Check in the eLearning zone.