Income maximisation for older people
Next available date
Other available dates
About this course
Older people commonly do not claim all that they are entitled to. This course provides an introduction to pension credit and aims to help you with effective benefit checks to maximise income.
The course covers:
- State pension
- Who is eligible for pension credit
- How to work out guarantee credit entitlement
- Claiming pension credit and getting paid
- How universal credit affects benefits for older people, including ‘mixed age’ couples
- Benefit checks for older people and ways to maximise income
- How income and pension pots affect pension credit
- Housing benefit and help with council tax
- ‘Passported’ benefits such as fares to hospital
- How disability benefits are affected as state pension age rises
Method of delivery and timings
This full-day equivalent, standard-level course, is delivered online via Zoom over two consecutive mornings. It runs from 10am to 1pm on each day, with a half hour break between 11.15-11.45.
It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion. Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. It is not recommended to join via a mobile phone.