This full-day online training course explains how the universal credit (UC) ‘Complex Needs’ rules work, who is covered and what this should mean for UC claimants. It also covers how you can ensure the DWP recognises ‘Complex Needs’ status.
The course covers:
- The challenges that UC presents to claimants
- Evidence of how claimant vulnerability can affect a UC claim or award
- Implications of ‘Complex Needs’ for the UC claimant
- What does ‘Complex Needs’ mean to the DWP?
- Who is most likely to attain ‘Complex Needs’ status?
- What this status should then mean for claimants
- How can we help the DWP to accept Complex Needs status?
- Requesting ‘Complex Needs’ status
Method of delivery and timings
This full-day experienced level course will be delivered online via Zoom over two consecutive mornings. It runs from 10am to 1pm on each day, with a half hour break between 11.15-11.45.
It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion. Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. It is not recommended to join via a mobile phone. Participants will receive an email a few days before the start of the course, with a link to the event hosted on our AskCPAG elearning platform.