Disability Rights Handbook annual online subscription
We are delighted to offer a new digital version of the Disability Rights Handbook, in partnership with Disability Rights UK.
This service includes the full text of the Disability Rights Handbook 2023/24, searchable and linked internally so you can skip to the next piece of relevant information with one mouseclick.
It is updated every two months from June 2023 to February 2024 - an invaluable service that means your online Handbook will keep pace with social security reform and changes to the law.
This is a subscription for the online version of the Disability Rights Handbook. Alternatively, you can order the Handbook in print.
A guide to benefits and services for all disabled people, their families, carers and advisers.
The handbook provides in-depth, comprehensive guidance on the benefits system, explains how social care operates around the UK and includes information about other services and resources for disabled people.
The handbook provides in-depth information and invaluable guidance on the benefits system and social care services.
Full of tools and tactics to help you make a successful claim.
Your right to benefits
- For anyone with an illness, injury or disability
- For carers, children and young people
- For people in education or work, looking for work, not in work or in retirement
- For people injured at work or serving in the Armed Forces
- Eligibility requirements and how to make a claim
- Challenging decisions; how to appeal
Your right to care and support
- The eligibility criteria for people needing care and support
- Assessments, budgets and ways of paying for care
- Challenging eligibility and funding decisions
- Local authority duties
- Support for carers