The following links are to pre-action protocol template letters. We hope you find them useful. This list is being constantly updated, so please check back if you cannot find the letter you are looking for, or contact us to see if it is something we are planning to produce: email@example.com.
Email address for pre-action protocol letters: firstname.lastname@example.org
THESE LETTERS ARE FOR USE IN ENGLAND AND WALES. If you intend to use any of these letters in Scotland, please use with caution as changes will be needed. Some changes are detailed here
It is possible that the DWP will respond to your letter along these lines: "Judicial review is inappropriate. However the decision has been changed on mandatory reconsideration”. This is a success for your client.
- Bedroom Tax
- Carers (following a death)
- Claimant Commitment: UC
- Claim closure: UC
- Deductions: UC
- Delays in decision making (including HRT and failure to make enquiries)
- Discretionary Housing Payments
- Disputed earnings: UC
- Elements: UC
- Employment Support Allowance
- EU Settled Status
- EU Pre-Settled Status
- Fraud - UC claimed fraudulently by a 3rd party
- Housing Benefit
- Housing Costs: UC
- Mandatory reconsideration
- National insurance numbers
- Refugees (inc HRT issues)
- Work Capability Assessments
Please give us feedback if you have used any of the letters by answering this quick survey.