Our Judicial Review project has been set up to help welfare rights advisers with the Judicial Review process. In this section you will find information about the following:
- What is Judicial Review?
- How can it help my clients?
- Why should I use Judicial Review in behalf of my client?
- Does my client need a lawyer?
- How does it work?
- If your client wants to pursue the matter to court
- Success stories
- Get involved!
- Template letters for advisers to use
- Network of solicitors you can make referrals to
- Contact the CPAG Judicial Review Project by email for advice and support on judicial review: [email protected] (for advisers only)
Please note: these videos provide a brief introduction to judicial review only. To find out more about judicial review, sign up for CPAG’s training.
Introduction to the Judicial Review Project (1 minute):
Benefits of using the judicial review pre-action protocol (1 minute 30):
Common welfare benefit decisions you can challenge, grounds for challenge and what to ask for (5 minutes):
How can CPAG help, what happens if they say no, and do I need to be a solicitor? (3 minutes):
Does it cost anything and why does it work? (3 mins 30):
- More on the Project and Pre-Action Protocol - Available now!
How the pre-action protocol works in practice - a case study (14 minutes):
How to use the template letters, legal map and website (19 minutes):
Get in touch if you would like CPAG to talk to your organisation about using the judicial review pre-action protocol to resolve your clients' welfare rights problems.
The Legal Education Foundation is delighted to be supporting this project.