August 2019 - these pages are not available while they are updated.
What is Ask CPAG Online?
Ask CPAG Online provides information and advice on common problem areas of the benefit and tax credit system. It is designed to supplement our Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook and other advice services (see below) with tactical answers to frequently asked questions.
How do you use it?
Click on the links below for information and advice on the subject areas listed.
- THE TWO-CHILD LIMIT
- SHORT-TERM BENEFIT ADVANCES
- UNIVERSAL CREDIT ADVANCES
- UNIVERSAL CREDIT 'NATURAL MIGRATION'
- UNIVERSAL CREDIT ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS
- DISPUTING PIP DISABILITY DECISIONS
- DISCRETIONARY HOUSING PAYMENTS
- ESA - THE PROBLEM AREAS
- MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION
- BENEFIT SANCTIONS
- AVOIDING AND CHALLENGING UNIVERSAL CREDIT SANCTIONS
All references to the Handbook in the information are to CPAG's Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook 2018/19 edition.
Who is it for?
The service is primarily for advisers and other professionals working with benefit claimants in any setting. It can also be used directly by benefit claimants.
The Legal Education Foundation is delighted to be supporting this project.