This half-day online training course explains how the need for ‘aids and appliances’ can help establish and protect a PIP claim. The same rules can also reduce entitlements. This course helps you understand how these rules should be applied.
The course covers:
• How ‘aids and appliances’ fit into the PIP regulations
• How official PIP guidance defines the need for aids and appliances
• How the wording of PIP descriptors can help establish or hinder claims
• How PIP case law can help us understand the correct approach
• How PIP case law has opened some doors and closed others
• How to ask the right questions to correctly identify needs
• Obtaining evidence to demonstrate needs relating to aids/appliances
• How to improve PIP claims and challenges using this information
Methods of delivery and timings
This half-day experienced level course runs from 10.00 to 13.00, with a 30 minute break at 11.15. It is delivered live online, via Zoom, with CPAG trainer Steve Johnson.
It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion.
What you will need
Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. Prior to the event, participants will receive an email with a link which they should use to join the event and access supporting materials.