This two-day course provides trainees with a comprehensive understanding of universal credit from initial claim to challenging DWP errors. The emphasis is on problem solving and giving advisers all of the tools they need to effectively support households claiming universal credit.
The course covers:
• Supporting clients to migrate to make new claims and migrate to UC from legacy benefits
• Checking entitlement
• Understanding entitlement to help with rent and raising children
• Resolving problems for workers claiming UC
• Sanctions and conditionality
• Alternative payment arrangements, deductions and advance payments
• How to deal with medical assessments
• Getting UC decisions changed
“Engaging delivery. Very knowledgeable and kept it moving. I’ll take away some very important key messages to help clients."
“Great resources and handouts. Realistic case studies and examples. The trainer made what is potentially a dry subject very entertaining and light."