How can you help your service users manage universal credit? With an online system, claiming processes that many find difficult, delays and payment issues that can lead to debt, getting support is vital. You do not need to be an expert to make a difference. This course aims to equip you with the practical knowledge you need to help your service users get the most out of this new benefit and avoid potential pitfalls.
The course covers:
• What is universal credit – understanding the basics
• Knowing which clients are affected – understanding who can claim
• Helping people manage the system
• Maximising income – an overview of basic universal credit entitlement
• Dealing with problems and knowing who can help
This course is aimed at frontline workers who have little or no experience of the benefits system.