This course teaches advisers how the conditionality regime for claimants of universal credit works. Advisers should be able to assist claimants with ensuring that inappropriate conditionality is not imposed and to help with challenging sanction decisions when something goes wrong.
The course covers:
• Identifying the work-related requirements that can be imposed on particular claimants
• The relevance of the Claimant Commitment and how to ensure it is as helpful as possible
• Understanding the different work-related requirements (work focussed interviews, work preparation, work search and work availability) and how they are supposed to be applied
• Sanction rules and challenging sanction decisions
• Obtaining hardship payment