This half-day online training course introduces the impact of the ‘SDP Gateway’ on entitlement to UC and Natural Migration, as well as who is protected by the Gateway and who might become protected in the future.
The course covers:
• Claiming/increasing Legacy benefits pending Managed Migration to UC
• Who has to claim UC now?
• How the ‘SDP Gateway’ came about
• Who is now covered by the SDP gateway rules and from what date?
• What does ‘entitled to SDP’ mean?
• Who may become assisted by the SDP Gateway rules in the future?
• Who is now blocked from UC and when is Managed Migration likely?
• SDP compensation for disabled people who claimed UC too early
• Legal challenges to the SDP compensation rules
• When might it be a good idea to go for Natural Migration
Methods of delivery and timings
This half-day experienced level course runs from 10.00 to 13.00, with a 30 minute break at 11.15. It is delivered live online, via Zoom, with CPAG trainer Steve Johnson.
It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion. Participants will be provided with a link to slides and exercises, hosted on CPAG’s e-learning platform, a week prior to the course. Participants are encouraged to work through those exercises, to maximise the benefit of the live sessions.
What you will need
Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. Prior to the event, participants will receive an email with a link which they should use to join the event and access supporting materials.