This is a practical course for anyone helping someone make a universal credit claim. The course focuses on getting the claim right the first time, avoiding common pitfalls that can lead to payment problems. With so much misadvise out there, it is essential to understand who actually needs to make a claim for universal credit, the claim process, and be prepared to resolve common problems.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand who claims UC and when
• Help someone prepare to claim
• Know what to expect from an online claim
• Understand payment options
• Know what to expect from the jobcentre
• Identify problem areas and find solutions