The roll out of universal credit (UC) full service is now complete. Anyone of working age needing to make a new claim for benefit to top up a low income has to claim UC, including families, those with health conditions and those in work. There are very few exceptions. People need to make and maintain their claims online.
This course draws on experience from areas where UC full service has been operating for some time. You will learn who is affected, how best to support them, particularly those who are vulnerable or in difficult circumstances. You will have a chance to refresh your knowledge of UC entitlement and practice calculations.
The course covers:
• Who is entitled to UC in the full service – a review of the rules
• Making and maintaining an online claim
• An introduction to conditionality and sanctions
• Claiming UC and other benefits at the same time
• What triggers a transfer from existing benefits to UC including ‘managed migration’
• Practicing calculations
• Effect of UC full service on specific claimant groups
If you are not a specialist benefits adviser, choose instead from 'Universal credit – supporting clients' and 'Universal credit – effective claims'.