For some people, claiming universal credit is far from easy. But there are simple ways that you can help clients get their claim right first time. This practical course is aimed at housing staff, support workers and any frontline professionals supporting low-income people. It will help you support clients to avoid common pitfalls that can lead to payment problems.
The course covers:
• Preparing to claim – getting the right evidence and setting up accounts
• Making the claim – what to expect from the online claim and what support is available
• Managing payments – claiming advances and using flexible payments
• Getting the most from jobcentre interviews
• After the claim – dealing with the online account, reporting changes and managing ill health
The course is ideal for staff with little or no knowledge of the benefit system.