As the migration to universal credit (UC) continues, more individuals with ill health and disabilities will come under UC. This course looks at the UC rules that particularly affect ill or disabled people. It will equip you to advise clients about the transfer to UC, including through changes of circumstances such as failing a work capability assessment. You will also explore how conditionality and awards change as people move into work, or become unable to work.
The course covers:
• Failing a work capability assessment – consequences for UC and tactics
• Claimant commitment before and after the work capability assessment
• How work affects the UC award
• Impact of changes of circumstances
• Issues with claiming and being paid UC
• Claiming new-style contributory employment and support allowance
This course is aimed at advisers with a working knowledge of universal credit. Those with a limited knowledge of the benefit system should first book on Universal Credit – The Essentials.