Work-related requirements are a cornerstone of universal credit and claimants are frequently sanctioned. This course will give you a good understanding of what goes into a claimant commitment and the work-related requirements that people are expected to meet. You will have a chance to think about how flexibilities in the system might help clients reduce the risk of a sanction. The course will also equip you to advocate effectively on behalf of clients who are faced with benefit sanctions.
The course covers:
• Understanding the claimant commitment
• Work-related requirements for people with health conditions and caring responsibilities
• Work-related requirement flexibilities and exemptions
• Sanctions – when they apply, how much and for how long
• Challenging a sanction decision
• Getting hardship payments
'A GREAT SESSION WHICH GENERATED A LOT OF DISCUSSION RELEVANT TO OUR WORK'