- Search training/events
- Supporting benefit claimants online (Scotland) 19 August 2020 ONLINE **Fully booked**
Supporting benefit claimants online (Scotland) 19 August 2020 ONLINE **Fully booked**
**Fully booked - Please note places are available on the next course on 22 September 2020**
Home working, social distancing and self-isolation present unique challenges to frontline workers. This course is an opportunity to discuss how advisers and support workers can best help people navigate the process of claiming benefits and challenging decisions in this new way of working.
The course covers:
• Appointees, advisers and representatives – the different roles and how the role is affected by the coronavirus outbreak
• How advisers working remotely can best support people claiming benefits
• Temporary changes locally and nationally in processes for claims and challenges because of the coronavirus outbreak
• Resources available to support advisers
This half day standard level course will be delivered as follows;
10.00 - 11.15 training session delivered via Zoom
11.15 - 11.45 break
11.45 - 1.00 training session delivered via Zoom
This is a practical course, delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion. Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. It is not recommended to join via a mobile phone. Participants will receive an email link, a few days before the start of the course, to allow access to the event.