Many advisers work with students in both further and higher education. This one-day course explains the different benefits that further and higher education students can claim, including universal credit.
The course covers:
• Definitions of full-time study and part-time study for benefits
• Eligibility for universal credit
• Which students can get other means-tested benefits (such as income support and housing benefit) and tax credits
• Overview of how student funding affects benefits
• Other benefits students may be eligible for
This ‘one-day equivalent’ course is for advisers who already have a basic knowledge of benefits and tax credits and want to know how the rules apply to students.
The course will be delivered online over two mornings as follows;
24 February 2021
10.00 - 11.15 training session delivered via Zoom
11.15 - 11.45 break
11.45 - 1.00 training session delivered via Zoom
25 February 2021
Repeat of day 1 schedule
This is a practical course, delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion. Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. It is not recommended to join via a mobile phone. Participants will receive an email link, a few days before the start of the course, to allow access to the event.