Many advisers work with students in both further and higher education. This course explains the different benefits that further and higher education students can claim, including universal credit.
The course covers:
• Definitions of full-time study and part-time study for benefits
• Eligibility for universal credit
• Which students can get other means-tested benefits (such as income support and housing benefit) and tax credits
• Overview of how student funding affects benefits
• Other benefits students may be eligible for
This ‘one-day equivalent’ course is for advisers who already have a basic knowledge of benefits and tax credits and want to know how the rules apply to students.
The course will be delivered online via Zoom from 10am to 1pm each day with a half hour break from 11.15 – 11.45.
It is a practical course, delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion. Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. It is not recommended to join via a mobile phone.
Participants will receive an email a few days before the start of the course, with a link to the event hosted on our AskCPAG elearning platform.