Many advisers work with students in both further and higher education. This one-day course explains the different benefits that further and higher education students can claim, including universal credit.
The course covers:
• Definitions of full-time study and part-time study for benefits
• Eligibility for universal credit
• Which students can get other means-tested benefits (such as income support and housing benefit) and tax credits
• Overview of how student funding affects benefits
• Other benefits students may be eligible for
This one-day course is for advisers who already have a basic knowledge of benefits and tax credits and want to know how the rules apply to students.