This course gives an overview of benefits and tax credits that students can claim. It helps student advisers recognise when these are relevant for students, and advise them appropriately. It includes:
• An overview of the benefits and tax credits system
• Which groups of students can claim benefits
• Which benefits they can claim
• The impact of student support on benefits
• Signposting students for help with benefit enquiries
This half-day introductory level course will be delivered online via Zoom from 10am to 1pm with a half hour break from 11.15 – 11.45.
It is a practical course, delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion. Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. It is not recommended to join via a mobile phone. Participants will receive an email a few days before the start of the course, with a link to the event hosted on our AskCPAG elearning platform.