This course is for people who want to learn how use QBC effectively and confidently.
• Understanding screens, controls, menus and how to get in-calculator help
• Best practice when entering information
• Legacy benefit calculations
• Tax credit calculations
• Universal credit calculations, including changing the transitional element
• “What if” calculations
• Saving, sending and changing cases
• An overview of advanced features
This standard level course is suitable for advisers who already have a good understanding of legacy benefits, tax credits and universal credit. It isn’t necessary to have had experience of using QBC, though participants should have a licenced copy of the most recent QBC calculator (as at the date of the course) already installed on their computer to allow them to carry out calculations during the course.
This ‘one-day equivalent’ course will be delivered online over two mornings as follows;
27 January 2021
10.00 - 11.15 training session delivered via Zoom
11.15 - 11.45 break
11.45 - 1.00 training session delivered via Zoom
28 January 2021
Repeat of day 1 schedule
Participants will receive an email link, a few days before the start of the course, to allow access to the event and instructions on how to use QBC during a zoom meeting.
A Wi-Fi connection and a computer will be needed to take part in the course. It will not be possible to join this course using a mobile phone or tablet.