This course provides a practical and tactical look at working with people with mental health diagnoses to help secure full entitlement to benefits, and to help avoid some of the pitfalls of the system.
The course covers:
• Common diagnoses, symptoms, medication and side-effects
• Barriers to people getting the right entitlement
• Personal independence payment in a mental health context
• Medical tests for universal credit and employment and support allowance
• Tactics for dealing with other benefit issues
A basic knowledge of the benefits system is assumed.
"Informative and clearly delivered. I found it very useful to take back to my work."
"Highlighted gaps in my knowledge and enabled me to review my current practices."
"Clearly delivered and, where necessary, explained in great detail."