Older people commonly do not claim all that they are entitled to. This course provides an introduction to pension credit and aims to help you with effective benefit checks to maximise income.
The course covers:
• State pension
• Who is eligible for pension credit
• How to work out guarantee credit entitlement
• Claiming pension credit and getting paid
• Benefit checks for older people and ways to maximise income
• How income and pension pots affect pension credit
• How universal credit affects benefits for older people
• How disability benefits are affected as state pension age rises
This ‘one day equivalent’ standard level course will be delivered online via Zoom from 10am to 1pm with a half hour break each day from 11.15 – 11.45.
It is a practical course, delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion.
Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. It is not recommended to join via a mobile phone. Participants will receive an email a few days before the start of the course, with a link to the event hosted on our AskCPAG elearning platform.