** Fully booked** This course looks at the universal credit (UC) rules that particularly affect ill or disabled people. It will equip you to advise clients about the transfer to UC, including through changes of circumstances such as failing a work capability assessment. You will also explore how conditionality and awards change as people move into work or become unable to work.
The course covers:
• Failing a work capability assessment – consequences for UC and tactics
• Claimant commitment before and after the work capability assessment
• How work affects the UC award
• Issues with claiming and being paid UC
• Claiming new-style contributory employment and support allowance
• Impact of the coronavirus outbreak
This course is aimed at advisers with a working knowledge of UC.
This 'one-day equivalent' standard level course will be delivered online over two mornings as follows;
15 July 2020
10.00 - 11.15 training session delivered via Zoom
11.15 - 11.45 break
11.45 - 1.00 training session delivered via Zoom
16 July 2020
Repeat of day 1 schedule
This is a practical course, delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion. Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. It is not recommended to join via a mobile phone. Participants will receive an email link, a few days before the start of the course, to allow access to the event.