Older people commonly do not claim all that they are entitled to. This course provides an introduction to pension credit and aims to help you with effective benefit checks to maximise income.
The course covers:
• State pension
• Who is eligible for pension credit
• How to work out guarantee credit entitlement
• Claiming pension credit and getting paid
• Benefit checks for older people and ways to maximise income
• How income and pension pots affect pension credit
• How universal credit affects benefits for older people
• How disability benefits are affected as state pension age rises
Methods of delivery and timings
This full-day Standard level course runs from 10.00 to 13.00 across two consecutive mornings, with a 30 minute break at 11.15. It is delivered live online, via Zoom, with CPAG trainer Will Hadwen.
It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion. Participants will be provided with supporting e-learning material, including PowerPoint slides and access to exercises and activities hosted on CPAG’s e-learning platform.
What you will need
Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. Prior to the event, participants will receive an email with a link which they should use to join the event and access supporting materials.