This half-day online training course explains how the PIP claim process works and the importance of the PIP2 questionnaire. It looks at what makes a good PIP claim, and how it can be optimised using the regulations, guidance and case law.
The course covers:
• Legal basis of PIP entitlement
• How points flow from PIP ‘activities’ and ‘descriptors’
• The role of the PIP2 questionnaire in establishing entitlement
• How the questionnaire matches up or fails to match up to PIP ‘descriptors’
• How a defective questionnaire response can lead to incorrect refusal
• How to bring questionnaire completion up to the criteria described in the law
• How to use PIP regulations 7 and 4 to assist in making good claims
• How PIP case law provides very useful guidance to advisers
• How to complete the questionnaire with an eye to tribunal judge scrutiny, if an appeal becomes necessary
Methods of delivery and timings
This half-day Experienced level course runs from 2pm to 5pm, with a 30 minute break at 3.15pm. It is delivered live online, via Zoom, with CPAG trainer Steve Johnson.
It is a practical course delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion. Participants will be provided with supporting e-learning material, including PowerPoint slides and access to exercises and activities hosted on CPAG’s e-learning platform.
What you will need
Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. Prior to the event, participants will receive an email with a link which they should use to join the event and access supporting materials.