Disability living allowance (DLA) is the main way of meeting the additional needs of many children yet it is under claimed and can be hard to understand. This course looks at the DLA rules as they apply to children. It considers how to fill in the form to get the best outcome for the child.
This course covers:
• What extra care needs must a child have to qualify for DLA
• Basic milestones in childhood development
• The impact of stays in residential schools, care homes and hospitals
• How DLA for a child can increase benefits for the family
• Plans for devolving children’s disability benefits to Scotland.
‘FEEL MORE CONFIDENT ABOUT COMPLETING DLA FOR CHILDREN FORMS’