This is an essential two-day course for those advising or supporting clients with debt and money problems. It provides a perfect foundation for those new to money advice and to those for whom money advice forms a part of their role, for example those working in housing, benefits or community work. A free copy of CPAG’s Debt Advice Handbook comes as part of the course.
The course covers:
• Causes of debt and its effect on clients
• The four key steps of the money advice process
• Working out a personal budget (financial statement)
• Maximising income and analysing expenditure
• Dealing with priority debts and non-priority debts
• The range of credit products and how to deal with them
• Typical debt collection processes used by creditors
• Debt strategies and solutions including bankruptcy, IVAs and debt relief orders
• Dealing with court action (county court judgments) and enforcement
“ The training was perfectly structured and the trainer was able to explain difficult things with simple language. Well done!"