This one-day introductory level course provides an overview of the benefits system and examines how the system is affected by the introduction of universal credit.
The course covers:
• The structure of the benefits system
• The benefits and tax credits currently available in different circumstances
• The transfer to universal credit
• Where and how to make claims
• How to address typical problems
This course is intended to help you understand how the system is changing and who is affected by the changes. Welfare rights workers who need an in-depth working knowledge of universal credit should attend the dedicated courses.
"Easy to follow, well explained, good level of depth."
"An informative overview. Well delivered with great exercises."