**COURSE FULLY BOOKED - PLACES AVAILABLE ON 23-24 SEPTEMBER COURSE**
This course looks at the benefit rules that particularly affect EEA nationals. Focusing on the operation of the right to reside, habitual residence and past presence tests in social security benefits, this course covers the ways that EEA nationals and their family members can overcome these barriers.
The course covers:
• The requirements that cause the greatest difficulties for EEA nationals
• Who can satisfy or be exempt from the past presence test
• The main groups that can satisfy the right to reside test
• The impact of the EU Settlement Scheme
• The operation of the residence and presence tests for EEA nationals since the coronavirus outbreak
The course is aimed at those who advise European nationals on their benefit entitlements.
This 'one-day equivalent' standard level course will be delivered online over two mornings as follows;
7 July 2020
10.00 - 11.15 training session delivered via Zoom
11.15 - 11.45 break
11.45 - 1.00 training session delivered via Zoom
8 July 2020
Repeat of day 1 schedule
This is a practical course, delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, exercises and group discussion. Participants will need a Wi-Fi connection and a suitable device to access the internet. It is not recommended to join via a mobile phone. Participants will receive an email link, a few days before the start of the course, to allow access to the event.