Sources of information

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer advice to members of the public.
For help with benefits or tax credits, search for your local advice agency:

Depending on your circumstances, there are organisations that may be able to help.

Gingerbread for lone parents

Shelter for housing problems

Family Rights Group for families with children involved with social services

Contact for families with disabled children

Age UK and Independent Age for older people

Turn2us for information on benefits and grants

Advisory Centre for Education for families of children in state-funded schools who are experiencing difficulties with bullying, special educational needs, admissions and exclusions from school

Working Families for advice on rights at work

Tax Aid for tax advice

JCWI and Migrant Action for immigration matters

Disability Law Service for disabled people

Coram Children's Legal Centre for family, child and education law

Mind for mental health

National Debtline or StepChange Debt Charity for debt advice

Maternity Action for parents and parents-to-be as well as their advisers on maternity and parental rights and benefits.

Money Advice Service for free & impartial money advice, set up by the UK government