Big Book of Benefits and Mental Health, 2018/20 18th ed
The Big Book of Benefits and Mental Health is a practical toolkit of user-friendly information, tips, tactics, samples forms and supporting letters to support anyone living with mental health issues and their families and carers.
Fully revised and updated for 2018/20, this latest edition includes:
- an overview of the system and three steps to income maximisation
- ESA and PIP: the points system uncovered, explanation of the criteria, a page by page walk through of the latest forms, migration and assessment survival guides and help with challenging wrong decisions
- Universal credit: the slow roll out and cuts, key differences, disability and pensioner gaps, practical problems and workarounds
- old means tested benefits and tax credits: how the sums work with examples and pictures
- the changing ways of paying for housing, options and compulsions around work and support for children
- benefits in hospital
Popular with service users, support workers, CPNs and social workers, the book’s accessible explanations are not just for those affected by or supporting mental health issues.
Author Tom Messere is an experienced welfare rights adviser and trainer, writes for Mental Health Today and is joint author of the NAWRA benefits changes chart. He gratefully acknowledges the work of other advisers in checking copy and sharing ideas and experience.