This half-day course offers practical advice on how to check that a family is getting all they should and how you can help them make claims effectively. It aims to give you an understanding of the benefits system, help you recognise important issues, identify points when a family’s entitlement may change and know when to refer for specialist advice.
This course covers:
- An overview of the benefit system with an emphasis on families
- Who should apply for disability living allowance and how to help apply
- An update on the devolution of disability benefits
- How the introduction of universal credit may affect families
- Benefits that are often overlooked
The course is aimed at anyone working with children and families. No previous knowledge of benefits and tax credits is required. If you work with over 16s you may be interested in our course Benefits for young people with disabilities from age 16.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book.
‘REALLY INFORMATIVE SESSION’
Duration: Half day course