We have submitted our representation to the Treasury in advance of the Budget on 29 October. You can read our submission here. As child poverty rises, there is an urgent need to implement policies that will reduce child poverty, including:
- Restoring children’s benefits
- Restoring work allowances and adding a second earner work allowance in universal credit
- Abolishing the two-child limit and benefit cap
- Ending the benefit freezes
- Reviewing universal credit and the managed migration plans
- Investing in welfare rights advice.