This is the thirteenth in a series of regular briefings, Mind the Gaps, which highlight some of the gaps in support that exist for children and families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Evidence of these gaps is drawn from our Early Warning System (EWS) which collects case studies from frontline practitioners working directly with families on the problems they are seeing with the social security system.
This briefing focuses on
- migrants struggling to access financial support;
- the effect of delays in work capability assessments for ill and disabled claimants;
- survivors of domestic violence experiencing difficulties accessing support;
- people who have lost their jobs being denied access to the benefit system; and
- people required to self-isolate being left without financial support.