CPAG responded to the Government's consultation before the 2020 Budget.
We are calling for the Government to:
- Reinvest in children’s benefits to support struggling families by:
- restoring the child element in universal credit to its 2013/14 value, including restoring the first child premium;
- Lifting the two-child limit in tax credits and universal credit;
- ending the benefit cap; and
- adding £5 a week to child benefit.
- Increase support for low-income working families.
- Tackle the cost of living.