The publication of this sixth edition of Universal Credit: what you need to know coincides with the coronavirus pandemic, which has resulted in many changes as well as increasing numbers of claimants. Changes as a result of the pandemic are covered throughout, as well as featured in ‘Coronavirus’ panels in more detail.
The book remains the essential guide for all advisers who need to know the rules on claiming benefits – with its help, you can deal with your clients’ queries. It covers the latest rules, including on migrating to universal credit, work-related responsibilities, recent changes to the right to reside in the UK, as well as dozens of examples illustrating how they apply in practice and plenty of tactical guidance on what to do if things go wrong.
- What is universal credit?
- How much universal credit do you get?
- Who must look for work?
- When can your universal credit be sanctioned?
- How do you challenge a decision?
- What are the impacts of coronavirus on universal credit?