This course provides a practical and tactical look at working with people with mental health diagnoses to help secure full entitlement to benefits and avoid some of the pitfalls of the system.
The course covers:
- Common diagnoses, symptoms, medication and side effects
- Barriers to people getting the right entitlement
- Adult disability payment in a mental health context
- Medical assessments for universal credit and employment and support allowance
- Tactics for dealing with other benefit issues