The Cost of the School Day podcast aims to give listeners ideas and inspiration on how to tackle poverty in the classroom and reduce school costs.
In the first episode of the podcast, we hear from practitioners about their experience working with schools to reduce financial barriers to learning. Topics include an overview of the Cost of the School Day project and of the role of a practitioner, examples of best practice from schools when it comes to reducing costs, and some of the challenges associated with school uniforms - as well as ideas on how to tackle them.
In this episode, we hear about:
- School clubs, the cost barriers that may prevent pupils from taking part in them, and ideas from schools
- School trips and how to ensure they're inclusive
- School food and how the experience of eating at school can be improved
To find out more about the Cost of the School Day project, please visit cpag.org.uk/cosd.
Other useful links:
- Cost of the School Day toolkit for schools in Scotland
- Turning the Page on Poverty: toolkit for schools in England
- Talking about Costs and Money at School (resource and animation)