CPAG welcomes steps that have been taken so far to support low-income people, but more needs to be done to support families in this time of national crisis. Read our full briefing.
Through our Early Warning Systems in Scotland and England, Wales and Northern Ireland, we are seeing some of the gaps in the social security system children and families affected by the pandemic are facing, and highlighting these in regular briefings:
- read the first Mind the Gaps briefing
- read the second Mind the Gaps briefing
- read the third Mind the Gaps briefing
- read the fourth Mind the Gaps briefing
- read the fifth Mind the Gaps briefing
- read the sixth Mind the Gaps briefing
We are also producing regular digests of all the problems that are cropping up through the Early Warning System in Scotland.
We have written with over 60 others to the Chancellor about the need to increase child benefit.
We have written with 50 others to the Guardian about the need to lift the two-child limit and benefit cap.
If you're an adviser please find the latest on Coronavirus and benefits on AskCPAG