Income maximisation for carers
Becoming a carer of a disabled person often means a drop in household income. Carers may be thinking of leaving work or trying to combine work with care.
This one-day course gives an introduction to the main benefits available for carers and explains how to maximise income through benefit checks. It will help you support clients in making decisions about what to claim in or out of work.
It looks at:
- Meeting the conditions for carer’s allowance
- Income support for carers and help with housing costs
- How universal credit will work for carers
- The effect of work on benefits for carers
- Effect of devolved welfare powers and changes to carers’ benefits in Scotland
- New local authority duties to provide income maximisation advice to carers in Scotland
"Very good summary of the benefits and key issues affecting carers."
Friday 23 June 2017, 10:00-16:00 Glasgow, £116 Citizens Advice Bureaux, £138 voluntary organisations, £195 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5