Welcome to Ask CPAG Online
What is Ask CPAG Online?
Ask CPAG Online provides information and advice on common problem areas of the benefit and tax credit system. It is designed to supplement our Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook and other advice services (see below) with tactical answers to frequently asked questions.
How do you use it?
Click on the links below for information and advice on the subject areas listed. The topics covered will increase over time as the service is developed.
- THE TWO-CHILD LIMIT
- SHORT-TERM BENEFIT ADVANCES
- UNIVERSAL CREDIT ADVANCES
- UNIVERSAL CREDIT 'NATURAL MIGRATION'
- UNIVERSAL CREDIT ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS
- UNIVERSAL CREDIT AND LIMITED CAPABILITY
- DISPUTING PIP DISABILITY DECISIONS
- DISCRETIONARY HOUSING PAYMENTS
- ESA - THE PROBLEM AREAS
- MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION
- BENEFIT SANCTIONS
- AVOIDING AND CHALLENGING UNIVERSAL CREDIT SANCTIONS
All references to the Handbook in the information are to CPAG's Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook 2018/2019 edition.
Who is it for?
The service is primarily for advisers and other professionals working with benefit claimants in any setting. It can also be used directly by benefit claimants.
What other advice services does CPAG provide?
See http://www.cpag.org.uk/advisers for our other advice services for advisers.