Universal credit - supporting clients
Universal credit (UC) is now available across Scotland. But who can claim depends on where you live and personal circumstances. This course aims to equip you with the knowledge to help your service users get the most out of this new benefit and avoid potential pitfalls.
The course covers:
- What is UC – understanding the basics
- Knowing which clients are affected – understanding who can claim UC
- Helping people manage the system
- Maximising income – an overview of basic UC entitlement
- Dealing with problems – and knowing who can help
This course is aimed at frontline workers who have little or no experience of the benefit system.
Thursday 25 May 2017, 10:00-16:00 Glasgow, £116 Citizens Advice Bureaux, £138 voluntary organisations, £195 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5
Thursday 7 December 2017, 10:00-16:00 Edinburgh, £116 Citizens Advice Bureaux, £138 voluntary organisations, £195 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5