Universal credit - full service
The roll out of universal credit (UC) full service is due to be completed by the end of 2018. Many more people claim UC in the full service, including families, those with health conditions and those in work. People need to make and maintain their claims online.
This course draws on experience from areas where UC full service is operating. You will learn who is affected, how best to support them, particularly those who are vulnerable or in difficult circumstances. You will have a chance to refresh your knowledge of UC entitlement and calculations.
The course covers:
- Who is entitled to UC in the full service – a review of the rules
- Making and maintaining an online claim
- An introduction to conditionality and sanctions
- Claiming UC and other benefits at the same time
- What triggers a transfer from existing benefits to UC in the full service
- Practicing calculations
- Effect of UC full service on specific claimant groups
This course will be particularly useful for advisers in areas where UC full service has been introduced or is planned in the coming months. If you are not a benefits adviser choose instead from Universal credit – supporting clients and Universal credit – effective claims.
**Further training courses on Universal credit will be delivered as part of our new training programme from April 2019 - March 2020.**
Thursday 28 February 2019, 10:00-16:00 FULLY BOOKEDGlasgow, £138 voluntary/CABx organisations, £196 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5