Universal credit and young people
With the full universal credit (UC) service being rolled out during 2018, it is important, if you work with young people, to make sure you know when they might have to claim UC. This course will help you advise young people from age 16 on entitlement whether in or looking for work, in training or education, sick or disabled.
The course covers:
- UC for 16 and 17 year olds
- UC for young people in or looking for work
- When young people can get UC while in education or training
- Young parents' entitlement to UC
- UC for young people who are carers, sick or disabled
- UC housing costs for young people
- Maintaining a claim and dealing with sanctions
"VERY HELPFUL INTRODUCTION TO BENEFIT SYSTEM"
"GREAT COURSE, VERY INFORMATIVE"
Wednesday 29 August 2018, 10:00-16:00 Glasgow, £138 voluntary/CABx organisations, £196 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5