Work-related requirements for benefit are getting tougher and sanctions more severe and widespread. This course gives an understanding of the requirements set out in the claimant commitment for both jobseeker’s allowance (JSA) and universal credit, as well as what is expected of employment and support allowance (ESA) and income support claimants. It will help you advocate effectively on behalf of clients faced with benefit sanctions.
- What is the claimant commitment for JSA and universal credit
- What work-related requirements apply for ESA and income support
- When a sanction applies
- How much is a sanction and how long does it last
- How to challenge a sanction decision
- Getting hardship payments of JSA, ESA and universal credit
"Very informative and useful"
"More confident now to challenge sanctions"